Submit an Idea
Have a dynamite show that's sure to be a hit? Want to see your favorite act on stage? We receive lots of suggestions everyday--in fact so many that our tiny staff can't possibly follow most of them up. And many of those we do work on don't make it to stage either due to cost or technical requirements. There's a lot more than meets the eye to deciding which events make a good fit for the Empress, but the most critical is cost. With only 470 seats to spread the cost of an event across, many good ideas simply aren't feasible.
If you really want to see your show at the Empress, the very best way is send us a fully formed proposal. It need not be fancy, but it does need to be complete and as accurate as possible. So gather the following bits of information and let us know about the next great thing!
What we'll need
- Your name and contact information
- Name & description of act/show
- Name and contact information for the act/show's agent (NOT a third-party talent buyer)
- Even better if you or someone you know has a direct connection to either the act or their manager (most of the acts that make it to our stage are because someone knew them and they gave us a great deal!)
- Technical Rider for the show (a full list of technical requirements)
- The target audience this show is aimed at and best marketing strategies to reach that target audience in our market
- Complete event budget (you may use this handy form - Requires Microsoft Excel)
--Including the cost of the act
--An advertising budget (usually between $1,000 and $5,000)
--Cost of any special equipment that may need to be rented (if known)
--Tech staff labor (for a list of our labor rates, see this form)
--Proposed price of tickets to achieve at least a 15% Return On Investment at 60% of seats sold
Please be sure your proposal is complete. Proposals submitted without all the requested information will not be reviewed--we just don't have the time to do the research for the missing information.
Where to Submit Your Proposal
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Empress Theatre, PO Box 1767, Vallejo CA 94590
Please, NO phone calls.